Mid Sunday afternoon, 100s of people attempted to stroll over the bridge from the Climate Camp to the HQ of RBS. Police tried to stop them.
From the Northern Indymedia timeline:
August 22, 2010 17:29 - Climate Camp protestors have now crossed the bridge and marched on to RBS buildings.
August 22, 2010 17:17 - Greenwash guerilla activists are going across the main bridge.
August 22, 2010 17:11 - two hundred activits in greenwash guerilla outfits are marching onto the Royal Bank of Scotland Head Quarters site.
August 22, 2010 13:50 - "Bringing three vans down Gogar Station Road"
August 22, 2010 13:39 - Most of the Climate Campers have moved away, but 4 or 5 are being searched on Station Road while heading back to the main Camp area. Legal Observers are with those Campers who have been stopped.
August 22, 2010 13:36 - Forty Police are now present in hte same area as the Climate Campers who are trying to enter RBS grounds. Police are now threatening to invoke Section 60 on anyone wearing a face mask.
August 22, 2010 13:32 - Climate Campers are moving back through the hedge.
August 22, 2010 13:30 - Twelve Police are stood behind the crowd.
August 22, 2010 13:27 - Pushing match has ended. Police are watching Climate Campers dance!
August 22, 2010 13:26 - Police do not have areason for why they are not letting Climate Campers cross the bridge. No commanding officer present to give a reason. Pushing match between Campers and police has begun.
August 22, 2010 13:23 - Police and two vans have met Climate Campers on the bridge and are trying to prevent them crossing the bridge.
August 22, 2010 13:22 - Forward Intelligence Team (F.I.T.) of the Police have joined the Climate Campers. Police have made attempts to stop the group entering RBS land. We think the police have been unsuccessful in stopping the Climate Campers gain access to the land.
August 22, 2010 13:21 - Climate campers are back onto RBS grounds and heading up to the bridge.
There are also a couple of videos available online, one of which appears to show Campers on top of the RBS building (and another video, slightly earlier).
From the Camp twitter feed:
- After a prolonged stand off with the police we are now in a mass plenary hearing from two Canadian #tarsands activists. #climatecamp 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- In an unrelated incident two activists were also arrested. Molasses representing dirty oil was flung at RBS HQ in caterpaults #climatecamp 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck
- during the earlier site incursion two windows were smashed by activists angry about RBS fossil fuel investments #climatecamp #tarsands
- Overheard_it Overheard police saying an officer had lost their radio in scuffles with #ClimateCamp protesters about 1 hour ago via twitterfeed Retweeted by climatecamp
- SophiaCR Balloons full of 'oil' just burst on the RBS building. #climatecamp about 3 hours ago via txt Retweeted by climatecamp and 4 others
- Pictures from our incursion onto RBS HQ. Currently a stand off and bridge and people up tripods too http://tweetphoto.com/40722969 about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck
- Mass incursion at RBS HQ. Hundreds threatened with arrest if they don't cross back over the bridge #climatecamp